York Independent Living (YILN) is a disabled people-led organisation,énabling and empowering disabled people to have our voices heard, we influence the services we receive and we get the most out of life.
About 40,000 people with a disability or long-term health condition live or work in York.
Through YILN, disabled people will:
- Have an authentic voice with greater representation of our views through influencing and campaigning
- Achieve greater inclusion in education, work, health, social activities and economic independence
- Be able to access information, advice and guidance
- Live in an accessible and culturally understanding city
- Have choices about how we life our life.